Greater Comfort and Quality of Life
Implants vs. Dentures
Many patients who initially opted for removable dentures have switched to dental implants with positive results. Implants feel and respond like natural teeth, allowing for more natural eating and eliminating embarrassing moments when dentures may have slipped or clicked.
Learn More About Permanent Dentures
The All-on-4 Denture Solution
The Progression of Bone Loss
Teeth are important to your oral health. Without their stimulation, the jaw bone will slowly deteriorate and make wearing a denture uncomfortable and unstable.
Dental Implants vs Dentures in Lafayette, LA
Many patients choose dental implants to restore their missing teeth because they find them to be the closest replication of the look and feel of natural teeth. Dental implants offer many advantages over dentures, from stability to bone health. Dr. James Finley, D.M.D offers dental implants for patients who need to replace a single, multiple, or full arch of missing teeth.
Dentures Compared with Dental Implants in Lafayette, LA
- Materials: Dentures are made of acrylic, cast metal, and plastic. These materials can irritate the gums whereas dental implants are made of bio-compatible titanium.
- Versatility: Dentures may be used when there are many missing teeth. Dental implants, however, can be used to replace any number of missing teeth, from one to all.
- Bone Health: Wherever there are missing teeth, there is bone loss. Dentures do nothing to help stop bone loss while implants stimulate the jawbone as a substitute for the roots of the missing teeth, and halt the deterioration of bone.
- Security: Dentures are known to slip and shift in the mouth, minimizing the enjoyment of talking and eating. With dental implants, the implants are integrated into the jaw bone, replicating the stability of your natural teeth.
- Permanence: Dental implants are permanent and are not removed, functioning as your natural teeth would. Conversely, dentures are removable and held into place with various methods.
- Longevity: Dentures will need to be replaced or refitted while dental implants, with good oral hygiene, can last a lifetime.
Schedule a Consultation for Dental Implants
When replacing missing teeth, implants have the ability to enhance our patient’s quality of life. If you have missing teeth and would like to find out if dental implants would be right for you, call our office and we can schedule a consultation for dental implants. Missing teeth can cause unnecessary discomfort and embarrassment. Dr. Finley can help you restore your smile and your confidence.
Dr. James M. Finley, located in Lafayette, LA, is a Periodontist who serves patients from Lafayette, Crowley, Breaux Bridge, Opelousas, St. Martinville, New Iberia, Abbeville, Maurice, and surrounding areas. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to schedule your appointment today!