Implants Act Like Your Natural Teeth
Replacing a single missing tooth can be most authentically accomplished with a single dental implant. The post of the implant mimics the root of your tooth while the dental crown looks and functions just like your natural tooth, requiring no additional maintenance.
Implants Prevent Damage to Surrounding Teeth
Benefits of Dental Implants Include:
Some of the key cosmetic benefits of dental implants include:
- Improves the quality of your smile
- Fills any gaps in your smile
- Boost self-confidence and increases self-esteem
- Creates an even and uniform smile
- Preserves facial structure
- Stimulates the jaw bone to prevent deterioration that could impact the facial structure
Multiple Missing Teeth in Lafayette, LA
Most patients are considered good candidates to have dental implants for the replacement of missing teeth. There are many factors that can affect the outcome of dental implants, and while a consultation with Dr. Finley will definitively determine if you are eligible for this procedure, there are certain concerns that must be addressed to ensure the successful restoration of your missing teeth.
Points of Discussion in Your Consultation to Replace Missing Teeth
- If you have periodontal disease, it can negatively affect the success of dental implants. One of the symptoms of periodontal disease is manifested by loose or shifting teeth. This would not create an ideal environment for placing dental implants. Gum disease may require treatment before implants can be used to replace your missing teeth.
- Existing medical conditions would need to be addressed with Dr. Finley, but if you are well enough to have general dental work you will likely be able to have the implant procedure.
- Smoking is another factor that can affect the success of your dental implants and should be discussed in your consultation.
- If you have existing dental work to replace missing teeth, dental implants may be able to support or completely replace your dental appliances.
Progressive bone loss may not preclude you from getting dental implants. There may be enough bone to accommodate the dental implants or you could consider bone grafting.
What to Expect From Your Consultation to Replace Missing Teeth
During a consultation to replace missing teeth with dental implants, Dr. Finley will consider the overall health of your teeth, existing dental work, bone density, and any lifestyle concerns or habits that may affect the dental implants. Dr. Finley can determine the best dental restoration option to give you the results you would like to achieve. Call to schedule a consultation for the replacement of missing teeth in the Lafayette, LA area.
Dr. James M. Finley, located in Lafayette, LA, is a Periodontist who serves patients from Lafayette, Crowley, Breaux Bridge, Opelousas, St. Martinville, New Iberia, Abbeville, Maurice, and surrounding areas. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to schedule your appointment today!