Why Should You Choose LANAP?
- 24 Hour Recovery Time with Minimal Discomfort
- 98% of Laser Treated Patients Remain Stable After Five Years
- Greater Predictability for Reattachment of Gum Tissue and Bone Regeneration
- Less Time in the Dental Chair
- Reduced Risk of Infection
- Decreased Sensitivity and Less Bleeding
- Little to No Gum Recession
Less Pain. Less Discomfort. LANAP.
View Whoopi's Gum Disease Experience
Laser vs Osseous Surgery in Lafayette, LA
For gum disease treatment, both laser gum surgery and traditional gum disease treatment enjoy a high rate of success. The differences, however, between traditional gum disease treatment and laser gum surgery, are important and have a significant effect upon the patient’s experience after gum disease treatment.
Traditional Gum Disease Treatment Compared with Laser Gum Surgery
- With traditional gum disease treatment, the healthy gum tissue must be cut in order to increase visibility and access to the area being treated. This cutting of the healthy tissue can create gum recession ranging from 2 millimeters to 15 millimeters. Laser gum surgery, conversely, does not require healthy tissue, or any tissue to be cut by a scalpel. The entire gum disease treatment is performed using pulsed laser light and ultrasonic scalers.
- The fact that no scalpel is used in laser gum surgery also contributes to the faster healing times associated with this gum disease treatment.
- There is also less pain and discomfort for laser gum surgery patients. Most patients manage any pain with an over-the-counter medication and are able to return to work the following day.
- Laser gum surgery and traditional gum disease treatment both have a high rate of success when it comes to removing disease. However, laser gum surgery is the only FDA cleared laser treatment that regenerates bone. When the laser is used to stimulate the bone, root, and tissue during laser gum surgery, it acts as a catalyst for bone regeneration. This has been a vital factor in saving teeth that would otherwise need to be extracted.
Offering Laser Gum Surgery
Dr. Finley offers laser gum surgery in his Lafayette, LA office. This gum disease treatment is a safe, effective solution for many patients who have existing medical conditions or are uneasy about dental surgery. Laser gum surgery may help you to reverse some of the damage caused by periodontal disease with very little discomfort or downtime. Call today to find out if you are a candidate for laser gum surgery.
Dr. James M. Finley, located in Lafayette, LA, is a Periodontist who serves patients from Lafayette, Crowley, Breaux Bridge, Opelousas, St. Martinville, New Iberia, Abbeville, Maurice, and surrounding areas. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to schedule your appointment today!